Thursday, November 8, 2012

Just me

Tuesday I had the day to myself, and spent most of it at the Musée d'Orsay. I'll admit to having a rather leisurely morning...I think I arrived at the museum around noon. Because I'd bought the "M 'O" passport from the day before, I didn't have to wait in line- which was a huge bonus, as it was a long one.

I was quite glad to have lots of time to spare to explore the different galleries. It meant I could really soak in the different artists and their styles. Of course though, to a certain extent I was simply pushing through the first 3 floors in anticipation of the Impressionism exhibit on the top. There was the most adorable little boy up there with a sketch book, copying out famous paintings. It was just too cute.

Charade starring
Audrey Hepburn
I finished the museum at about 2pm, and then took a break with a café creme at the Cafe des L'ours (bear cafe? There was a polar bear sculpture out front so I figured maybe). After killing a little time there I headed back to salle 58 on the second floor, which had been transformed into a little theatre and I'd noticed the next show was scheduled for 3pm.


Turns out that as part of their "Impressionism et la mode" exhibit ( which cost extra- boo) they were looking at fashionable actresses in Paris, and so I got to watch a Hepburn film!! It was called "Charade", was in English, and was such a lovely way to wind down my afternoon!!

I left the museum around 5 and walked to Place St. Michel, where I knew there was a Starbucks. I chilled there for a while and eventually met Kevin at Trocadero for a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower all lit up in the night. We went for dinner nearby. Kevin tried Foie Gras and I had ratatouille. We're so French.

We went home and planned out our train trip- or we thought we had it planned out...but more on that later!!

The Eiffel Tower 


1 comment:

  1. You are correct about the bear café! Bien fait Dan :) loving all the français in the blog :) Charade is indeed magnifique and wonderfully classic. J'adore hearing all about Paris, you are quite the bon vivant, mademoiselle! :)

    ReplyDelete